KROQ Junkie

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

obiwankobe

KROQ Junkie

Post by obiwankobe »

KROQ SUCKS!!!!!

Hey kids, there's a really horrible radio station in Southern California playing music some us don't want to hear. I mean, how much of No Doubt and Green Day can you stand? How many times must you hear the same songs by Bush and 311 in a day. I don't know about you but it's driving me insane!

Kids, just say no to KROQ...it's bad stuff. No one wants to grow up to be a KROQ junkie. Why, what is a KROQ junkie? I'm glad you asked! A KROQ junkie is someone who goes with the stupid fashion trends MTV and some of these lame alternative videos will create. They have no other music taste other than for mainstream music. A KROQ junkie may be seen wearing Sublime, 311, Blink 182 and Save Ferris shirts. Many times KROQ junkies will be spotted riding their skateboards. The usual KROQ junkie prefer to shop at Pacific Sunwear and other simular shops. Many of these morons chose to go to the 1997 Acoustic Christmas where David Bowie WASN'T playing.

I don't want to be a KROQ junkie! What do I do? The answer is very simple, shut off KROQ and by all means turn off MTV. Stop listening to the Aquabats and Save Ferris and start listening to some of the cooler not-as-mainstream bands such as White Zombie, The Lords of Acid, My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult, KMFDM, Sex Pistols and Nine Inch Nails. If you've bought anything from Pacific Sunwear then burn it. If the Warped Tour comes along don't buy tickets for it, save your money and buy tickets for Ozzfest or another cooler event. That Alanis Morrisette poster on your wall has to go too! If all this doesn't help then dig a hole, bury yourself in it and recover it because you might as well be dead.

Down with commercial radio and down with these stupid trends society seems fit to bring upon us. Fight KROQ and other radio stations like it by calling 520-1067 from the 818, 310 and 213 area codes and tell them you're fed up and you want to hear YOUR music on the radio instead of what the music industry THINKS you want to listen to.
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

I'll have what he's having...
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
assholitis

Re: KROQ Junkie

Post by assholitis »

Who the Hell wrote this crappy article? Tom, where did you find this? Tell me you didn't write this so I can pick it apart and tear it to shreds. Thanks!

And please hurry. I can't wait to rip into this article. :D

-Kevin
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Tom didn't write it, he would never bash Green Day. The person who wrote it has their heart in the right place, but they're just as lost as KROQ.
(I will not stop listening to Save Ferris and I will never stop worshiping Alanis... nor will I start listening to White Zombie, EVER!)
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

For true music lovers...try the chris carter mess on Y107 on sunday nights. It kicks major arse. Plus like someone said before. The red zone on Y107 was a long time coming. I'm glad Y107 they play smiths songs (not only "how soon is now?" & "bigmouth strikes...") but others and Morrissey songs on a daily basis. Morrissey should really think of doing a interview with Y107...He did before but for a New York synicate which plays on Y107 on weekends. But here in Moz Angeles. I'm sorry to say, but KROQ sucks. Once Carson Daly left Kroq it went downhill...that guy was funny.Moz if your listening...do an interview with Jessie on Y107, She be a great host.

Moz cowboy <Mozcowboy@aol.com>
Long Beach - Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 14:16:12 (PDT) | #19

~"Whoa look at that guy! He makes Speedy Gonzales look like Regular Gonzales!" -Fry, Futurama~
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

I personally think that once Lewis left, that's when KROQ went down hill...
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
assholitis

Re: KROQ Junkie

Post by assholitis »

Where do I start? I'll go with the whole "Pacific Sunwear sucks" argument. This is very clever and original - seeing as it's usually "Hot Topic sucks." I guess Pacific Sunwear has supposedly been branded by all the cool, anti-establishment kids as the new "poser" clothing store. I think people who deliberately avoid certain stores and go out of their way to disparage them are just as lame and ridiculuous as the very people they're trying to attack. It's clothing! Who really gives a shit? If your attitudes on "keeping it real" dictate where you shop (or don't shop), then your life is pretty fucking pathetic either way.
Equally retarded is the whole argument that "MTV sucks." Okay, MTV doesn't play videos any more. We get it. The memo's been sent out, forwarded, and read by everyone. Now you can stop bitching and whining about it. MTV stopped playing music videos (especially good ones) a long time ago. I've gotten over it. So should you. Move on, people. How about this - you can start complaining about how VH1 has really gone down hill since those I <3 the 80s, 70s, 90s, 200s, etc. series. That should give you months worth of internet posts to rant on about.
As for Save Ferris, I actually enjoy a few songs of theirs. Regardless of my opinion, however, I don't think radio stations have even played a Save Ferris song since their cover of Come On Eileen made it big like 8 years ago. Not to mention the fact that they broke up years ago. When was this piece written, 1997? That seemed like a pretty random band to interject into his little rant there. While you're at it, why don't you complain about all the Big Bad Voodoo Daddy that KROQ always plays. They were last seen on KROQ's playlist circa 1997 as well. But at least Save Ferris did get a lot of airplay back then. What's the deal with mentioning the Aquabats? I think their single, Super Rad got played during the big ska rage back around the same time in 1997, for maybe two weeks and were never played again. Does this guy just have some personal vendetta against ska music or something?
Now let's go on to his recommendations for what he considers good music. Ozzfest?!? You've gotta be kidding me. Yeah, that's a good choice, cause Ozzfest is completely uncommercial and independent. Forget the fact that it's put on by a guy who used to have his own reality show..on MTV no less! And they don't have any mainstream bands on Ozzfest, right? KROQ would never play bands like Slipknot, Marilyn Manson, or Papa Roach. Right you are. And let's not forget a few years ago Ozzfest featured Crazy Town, a one-hit wonder that was a staple of MTV and KROQ at the time. As for the bands he listed, White Zombie (especially Rob Zombie) and Nine Inch Nails get played almost as often as Green Day or No Doubt do. Not to say that any of these four artists aren't untalented, but it just seems contradictory when some of the bands he listed get heavy airplay on the very station that he's condemning.
Ugh, this whole post just read like something an angry 14 year old would try to write to sound edgy and mainstream. Hopefully this wasn't written by anyone over the age of 16 and of normal intelligence. People like this make the rest of our arguments about how KROQ sucks less valid. When you get older you realize most of the petty shit he was complaining about doesn't really matter. I listen to Indie cause I love the bands and I love the DJs. That doesn't mean I don't listen to any commercial music. I enjoy a few pop songs on occassion, but I just prefer to listen to punk/alt/indie stuff. To me, your music taste should be based on whether you enjoy it and if it makes your life better - not on who else is listening to it.

-Kevin
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*