Annie?

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

obiwankobe

Annie?

Post by obiwankobe »

Beck, Interpol, Annie, Islands Play Pop Montreal Fest

Jessica Suarez reports:
Montreal is the Paris of the West. Maybe if more Americans knew Vice was originally created in Montreal, then they'd hate that city just as much as they hate France. And maybe we'd have to talk about Of Freedom's last record sounding a lot like all their others. But unfortunately, most Americans remain ignorant of Montreal's many fine artistic treasures-- bands, films, and even smutty free magazines. Good thing, then, that the Pop Montreal Festival, held September 28 thru October 2, is back this year with an expanded line-up and list of associated events that will showcase local talent as well as fly in some simpatico bands. As priorly reported, the ex-Unicorns band Islands will make their live debut opening for Beck; headlining other nights of the festival are Annie, Anthony and the Johnsons, Coco Rosie, Interpol, Billy Childish, Weird War, Foxy Brown and Black Mountain.

The five day festival will also feature a conference on music and social activism entitled "Mixing Pop & Politics: Music Making Change", as well as Puces POP and Film Pop, a local artist bazaar and a film festival, respectively. Tickets are $125.00, with no surcharges, and are available through the Pop Montreal website. Merde Ticketmaster!

A more complete line-up: Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, Metric, Architecture in Helsinki, Annie (playing the pre-party Sept. 27), Mixel Pixel, Jim Guthrie, Islands, Kings of Leon, Beck, An Albatross, Gonzales, The Most Serene Republic, Weird War, Foxy Brown, Black Mountain, Ladyhawk, Deadly Snakes, Billy Childish, Devin the Dude, Chromeo, Interpol, Boom Bip, Anthony and the Johnsons, Coco Rosie, Annie, Beck, Islands, TCC and Busdriver.

* Pop Montreal: http://www.popmontreal.com/
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

OMG an Annie Grohl gig!!!
"My band name is now your coupon" - Joe
a KROQ spy!

Post by a KROQ spy! »

Please Annie, put in a good
word for the Fleiss!
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Everyone do the Mexican Wave for Annie Grohl :!:

*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

but, but.... I'm not Mexican....
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas
a KROQ spy!

Post by a KROQ spy! »

SOMEONE has pie on their face! :oops:
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Inbetween numbers Annie takes a quick smoke before her captivated audience.

*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

...that's just how I roll....
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas