Welcome LATaurus!!!

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

Gooch

Welcome LATaurus!!!

Post by Gooch »

Welcome aboard dahlink!!! So tells us about yourself...don't be shy. We're just one big happy disfunctional happy family here...
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

Welcome welcome welcome....It's nice to see a new person who posts and doesn't just lurk...~looks at roxette~
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
LATaurus

Post by LATaurus »

hey, I just saw this! I was so fixated on the MMS thread.... thank you for the warm welcome!!

about me, well, I'm 40-ish... lifetime LA dweller.... one daughter, age 11, who is going to be very bummed to hear that Dicky's gone, because he has become such an integral part of our morning routine!

I'm not as knowledgable about "indie" music as many of you probably are... but I know what I like, and I really loved the music that Dicky played in the morning. He helped me expose my daughter to punk and 80's new wave and a lot of other cool stuff.

Maybe he quit cuz they made him play the new moz song one time too many... LOL

anyway, it's a pleasure to meet you all!
gidgetgoestohell

I have a 17 year old that uses the MMS to wake him up in the morning...as do his friends...Dicky has been so kind to The Kid..he had Rat Scabies of The Damned say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to him on air...in fact, he started the show with it....

I suppose that there is ALWAYS Kevin and Bean....makes me feel dirty saying their names in the same post as Dicky's....:(
Gidge

LATaurus

Post by LATaurus »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:I have a 17 year old that uses the MMS to wake him up in the morning...as do his friends...Dicky has been so kind to The Kid..he had Rat Scabies of The Damned say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to him on air...in fact, he started the show with it....

I suppose that there is ALWAYS Kevin and Bean....makes me feel dirty saying their names in the same post as Dicky's....:(
I was so happy to have an excuse not to listen to those guys!! I had been with them since they stated and I just got so tired of the endless shilling and promoting of bullsh*t I didn't care about.... the MMS was a breath of fresh air..... I am still in a state of shock over here.

Before I discovered the MMS I was listening to a guy on 93.1 (trying to remember his name) who was very funny, and of course he disappeared when it became JackFM, and I felt so lucky to find Dicky, and now he's gone too! WAH

Hey, maybe if I start loving K&B more they'll get cancelled too....... :P
gidgetgoestohell

I wouldn't go that far...as wishing them jobless...and to be honest...I enjoyed the shit out of them until I found Indie and soon thereafter, Dicky.....I have said it before, but I believe it bears being said again....I came for Jonsey....but I stayed for Dicky.....
Gidge

LATaurus

Post by LATaurus »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:I wouldn't go that far...as wishing them jobless...and to be honest...I enjoyed the shit out of them until I found Indie and soon thereafter, Dicky.....I have said it before, but I believe it bears being said again....I came for Jonsey....but I stayed for Dicky.....
well, i don't wish them jobless either, really

i'm just saying that everything i love seems to die

:(
gidgetgoestohell

Oh, I knew you wouldn't do that...it was just a...let's say...preemptive strike....

I know how you feel my friend....It is indeed a black Weds.....
Gidge