Don't F%^& w/ the Squirrels

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

obiwankobe

Don't F%^& w/ the Squirrels

Post by obiwankobe »

Russian squirrel pack 'kills dog'
Squirrels have bitten to death a stray dog which was barking at them in a Russian park, local media report.

Passers-by were too late to stop the attack by the black squirrels in a village in the far east, which reportedly lasted about a minute.

They are said to have scampered off at the sight of humans, some carrying pieces of flesh.

A pine cone shortage may have led the squirrels to seek other food sources, although scientists are sceptical.

The attack was reported in parkland in the centre of Lazo, a village in the Maritime Territory, and was witnessed by three local people.

A "big" stray dog was nosing about the trees and barking at squirrels hiding in branches overhead when a number of them suddenly descended and attacked, reports say.

"They literally gutted the dog," local journalist Anastasia Trubitsina told Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper.

"When they saw the men, they scattered in different directions, taking pieces of their kill away with them."

Mikhail Tiyunov, a scientist in the region, said it was the first he had ever heard of such an attack.

While squirrels without sources of protein might attack birds' nests, he said, the idea of them chewing a dog to death was "absurd".

"If it really happened, things must be pretty bad in our forests," he added.

Komosmolskaya Pravda notes that in a previous incident this autumn chipmunks terrorised cats in a part of the territory.

A Lazo man who called himself only Mikhalich said there had been "no pine cones at all" in the local forests this year.

"The little beasts are agitated because they have nothing to eat," he added.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/e ... 489792.stm

Published: 2005/12/01 18:14:15 GMT

© BBC MMV
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
biLzamo

Post by biLzamo »

sounds like they need some afterschool programs for these delinquent squirrels.
"The power of the force has stopped you, you hosers."

- Doug McKenzie
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

"The little beasts are agitated because they have nothing to eat and they have really BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG balls," he added
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Gooch

Post by Gooch »

When I lived in Altadena, there was a squirrel that used to throw oranges at my ex....I should have taken that as a sign...
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
gidgetgoestohell

HA....or at least, you should have taken a picture....that would come in handy about now, wouldn't it Goochila????
Gidge

Gooch

Post by Gooch »

Unfortunately I never witnessed it. He only told me about it.
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
gidgetgoestohell

Ahhhh...dagnabbit....maybe we could stuff, ya know, nuts or something in Dave's undie shorts and draw the mad squirrel out...for arteestic purposes....of course of course.....
Gidge

Gooch

Post by Gooch »

The problem is that he may enjoy that....he loves them squirrels....
~Gooch

gidgetgoestohell

Wellll....we could stuff his undies with Limburger Cheese and fishing line....just to insure that his enjoyment is clouded by a bunch of stank and tangle....:D
Gidge

assholitis

Post by assholitis »

HAHA That orange-tossing squirrel should get his own show!
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*