It occurs to me

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

chriswasanon

It occurs to me

Post by chriswasanon »

That if that myspace dude Tom is here - he'll delete me from myspace quicker than something rapidos. Then I realised that Obiwankobe was not THAT Tom. If it was he, he would post shit loads of links to myspace not be celebrating getting rid of his space account, would he?

Pheeew!

Relief!

Chriswas
"It is I, the gorrilla of 3b. Nigel Molesworth".
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

I blame myspace Tom for Tilla Tiquilla, the future of myspace records.

There was an interesting article on myspace in Newsweek last week.
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

Tom sucks!
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

Tom doesn't suck...he BLOWS...blows goats!
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

I heard he also blows like an elephant...
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
gidgetgoestohell

WHOA....he gets around, dunthe????
Gidge

July Cleaver

Post by July Cleaver »

Gooch wrote:I heard he also blows like an elephant...
he's not the only one!!! 8)
...and then at the end of the letter I like to write "P.S. - this is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.-- Mitch Hedberg
chriswasanon

Post by chriswasanon »

What did the article on myspace in Newsweek say Glenn,

a). Allegedly infested with spyware and advertising?

b) Rupert Murdoch owns it?

c) Tom is a geek with an ego the size of Everest or something else equally big.

chriswas - does anyone know why the Jones blog has gone tits up?
gidgetgoestohell

Nope no idear CwA...maybe the poor thing imploded?
Gidge

Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Myspace Newsweek Summary - Who's Next Issue (The Da Vinci CoDe on front)

Tom Anderson - 29
Chris DeWolfe

Both met at a failed dot com company.

Estimated 43 Million users
More hits per day than Google or AOL (I guess makes them #2 following Yahoo)
Newscorp bought Intermix (parent company) for $580 Million
in Nov 05 teamed with Interscope to start record label.

Big plans for 06 include

Myspace Satelitte Radio station
Myspace Films - plans to back some independant films

"It costs us nothing to get millions of myspace of users to show up at events" DeWolfe

Building Rival to Viacom MTV i.e It means as much to new generation of music lovers as MTV did in 80's,90's etc.
chriswasanon

Post by chriswasanon »

Thank you Glenn that's great stuff thanks.

My space Satellite - I'm tempted to quote lyrics

Wow he's a big dude, big player.

Independent films would be good - at my local cinema they just show the tame stuff - Harry Potter, Gromit, money spinners - we didn't get the motorsickle diaries even. Mind you with a 2 mb connection stuck here in the
boonies I don't think I'd appreciate the stream or am I being asked to get yet more technology?

chriswas
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

I am thinking about pitching my movie idea to Tom.

I estimate a measly 20 million to produce of which 10 million will be paid to the star. The star must be a rugged good looks, relatively unknown amd a charmer.

I plan on starring in the movie myself.

The movie is about a whore whose name is Renee "co starring"...?

In the movie Renee Zweiggler brushes off advanced by the infamous Hollywoodmadam Heidi Fleiss at the Cat Club.

The band who get the title track will be paid $5 million.
RobertKP

Post by RobertKP »

Glenn wrote:I am thinking about pitching my movie idea to Tom.

I estimate a measly 20 million to produce of which 10 million will be paid to the star. The star must be a rugged good looks, relatively unknown amd a charmer.

I plan on starring in the movie myself.

The movie is about a whore whose name is Renee "co starring"...?

In the movie Renee Zweiggler brushes off advanced by the infamous Hollywoodmadam Heidi Fleiss at the Cat Club.

The band who get the title track will be paid $5 million.
Tom Anderson just stole your idea, renamed the film "Trouble" starring himself & of course, Coldplay will be doing the soundtrack. That's Hollywood!
I'm in shape! Round is a shape!
gidgetgoestohell

DAMM Glenn...scooped again...fuckers.....
Gidge

Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Tom Anderson (played by Tom Cruise) is kidnapped by Australian meda mogul Rupert Murdoch (Jack Nicolson) in order to infilltrate & leak myspace secrets to Chinese industrial spys who wish to tap into US teen market and sell crappy toys at walmart.

Super mom & concerned parent (nicole kidman) falls in love with The Peoples Voice & Hero (Steve Jones) who cammands the Chinese government to stop all nonsence immeadialty.
gidgetgoestohell

Glenn-O....you are in the wrong business...you should dump the greeting cards and start screen writing...although...maybe a better twist (although her acting sucks) would be to have Katy Holmes as the mommy...oh wait..scratch that...seeing that would make me puke....carry on....
Gidge

RobertKP

Post by RobertKP »

Glenn wrote:Tom Anderson (played by Tom Cruise) is kidnapped by Australian meda mogul Rupert Murdoch (Jack Nicolson) in order to infilltrate & leak myspace secrets to Chinese industrial spys who wish to tap into US teen market and sell crappy toys at walmart.

Super mom & concerned parent (nicole kidman) falls in love with The Peoples Voice & Hero (Steve Jones) who cammands the Chinese government to stop all nonsence immeadialty.
Wait a minute. I think that's the plot of Mission Impossible III. Sue, Glenn, sue.
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

RobertKP wrote:
Glenn wrote:Tom Anderson (played by Tom Cruise) is kidnapped by Australian meda mogul Rupert Murdoch (Jack Nicolson) in order to infilltrate & leak myspace secrets to Chinese industrial spys who wish to tap into US teen market and sell crappy toys at walmart.

Wait a minute. I think that's the plot of Mission Impossible III. Sue, Glenn, sue.
No RobertKP, its Renee, not Sue....silly....
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
RobertKP

Post by RobertKP »

Sorry. I know a whore called Sue too. I got confused. :?
gidgetgoestohell

And I knew a boy named Sue!

Image[/img]
Gidge

Glenn

Post by Glenn »

chriswasanon wrote:Thank you Glenn that's great stuff thanks.

My space Satellite - I'm tempted to quote lyrics

Wow he's a big dude, big player.

Independent films would be good - at my local cinema they just show the tame stuff - Harry Potter, Gromit, money spinners - we didn't get the motorsickle diaries even. Mind you with a 2 mb connection stuck here in the
boonies I don't think I'd appreciate the stream or am I being asked to get yet more technology?

chriswas
Murdoch is also FOX and he wants you to watch his films.
chriswasanon

Post by chriswasanon »

I bet he does, like he wanted me to read his crappy papers and watch his shite SKY telly in the UK. Will they be rubbish independent films then with thinly veined neo con messages about all that usual crap, yeah of course they will cos with the dirty digger its business as usual!

Chriswas
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

well...in defence to RM he does bring us Fox Sports World here in the states so we can watch the Premiere league & the rugby.

A very noble saving grace.
chriswasanon

Post by chriswasanon »

Yes fair enough Glenn that's a good thing I am becoming a bit of a tv. hating lunatic and its worrying. Are Chelsea still on for success?

Chris
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

News Corp. Chairman Rupert Murdoch announced at a media-investor conference sponsored by Citigroup Inc. that he plans to turn the media company's recently acquired website, MySpace.com, into a full-fledged competitor to portals such as Yahoo!.

As reported in the Wall Street Journal, Murdoch plans to add free video downloads, revamp an instant-messaging program and eventually offer internet calling to the social-networking website. Those features are available on major web portals, such as Yahoo! and Microsoft Corp.'s MSN, which dominate both web usage and online advertising sales. Murdoch said the goal of adding such features is to expand the time that users spend on MySpace, increasing the opportunity to sell advertising.

According to comScore Media Metrix, MySpace.com -- popular among teenagers and college-aged students -- has amassed 47 million members since its launch in January 2004, and in December had 32 million unique visitors. By comparison, Yahoo! had 127 million unique visitors in December.

The Wall Street Journal reported that Murdoch took a jab at competitors as being outdated. "The portal model is in danger of becoming out of date," he said. "Young people know exactly what sites they want to go to, and they go there. They don't have to work their way through Yahoo!'s or MSN's home pages."

Meanwhile, The Independent is reporting that MySpace members are angry at News Corp. for reportedly censoring their postings and blocking their access to rival sites.

Subscribers claim that when they wrote to each other about rival video-swapping site YouTube, the words were automatically deleted and attempts to download video images from YouTube led to blank screens. The alleged intervention by News Corp. provoked a storm of angry posts in online blogs as well as threats to boycott the site. News Corp. reportedly restored the links, but shut down the blog forum shortly after.

A spokesman for MySpace told The Independent it would not explain how the blocking of YouTube came about, nor how it was resolved, nor whether in future it would continue to block links to rival websites or censor messages between MySpace customers.
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

The worst case scenario for people concerned with Newscorp taking over Myspace has come true. The now Newscorp owned Myspace has sent out Cease & Desist To MySpace Domain Sites that actually support the Myspace service.

According to Search Engine Journal, the sites offer tools and downloads to a very loyal MySpace community including layouts, graphics and image hosting.

Ryan of MySpaceCity.com writes on SitePoint Forums:

“I recieved a C&D aswell for MySpaceCity.com. They pretty much told me to shut down the site and give them the domain name. I will shut down the site and just direct the current traffic to a new domain.

I think is outrageous hense they are trying to claim damages while these sites promote MySpace so much everyday.

I am debating on either getting a lawyer and taking them to court, this will in return give me around 6 months more of my site running and collecting revenue, then just give them the domain, heh.

They have no right to take my domain name from me. They have the right to get the site shut down, that’s how I am looking at this.“

Talk about bitting the hand that helps feeds you. These people are all individuals who are promoting and supporting the MySpace service. If this is how NewsCorp is going to treat MySpace fans and users, I can see other services providers picking up new members very, very quickly.
-tom

Glenn

Post by Glenn »

I am thinking of doing a podcast this weekend. Why not give it a shot. I've got the recording stuff. If it works maybe do a monthly thing. Need to figuree that RSS stuff though.

I may consider a full frontal attack on newscorp's exploitation of myspace and deman a public apology from RM.

Yeah!
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

I'm all for it!
-tom

RobertKP

Post by RobertKP »

Glenn wrote:I am thinking of doing a podcast this weekend. Why not give it a shot. I've got the recording stuff. If it works maybe do a monthly thing. Need to figuree that RSS stuff though.

I may consider a full frontal attack on newscorp's exploitation of myspace and deman a public apology from RM.

Yeah!
Stick it to the man, Glenn. Power to the Pod!
chriswasanon

Post by chriswasanon »

Yes Glenn go for it but don't forget to put "alleged" behind every word you say...

Chriswasanon