WBRU & Dicky Barrett "April Fool" New England

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

RobertKP

WBRU & Dicky Barrett "April Fool" New England

Post by RobertKP »

Monday, April 3, 2006
WBRU Abducted By Buddy FM
Last FRIDAY (3/31) at 5:06p, BROWN BROADCASTING Alternative WBRU/PROVIDENCE abrubtly switched to "BUDDY FM," playing everything from MICHAEL BOLTON to the VILLAGE PEOPLE. Following GREEN DAY's "Good Riddance," WBRU kicked off BUDDY FM with ACE OF BASE "The Sign." The news came as a tremendous shock to hundreds of thousands of loyal listeners and induced a surge of support, cries and stories, from all over SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND.

The shocking news was first announced 3/29 on WBRU.com, with a lone message saying: "We’d like to thank all of our dedicated listeners over the last 36 years. We could not have done it without you. We will miss you all. Keep rockin’!"

During the last tearful hours, DJs tried to spin every request that came through, showing the station’s dedication to its fans. DICKY BARRETT, lead-singer of THE MIGHTY MIGHTY BOSSTONES and ex-ENTRAVISION Altrenative KDLD-KDLE (INDIE 103.1)/L.A. morning host and other artists called in to show his support and share 'BRU stories.

Just after noon on APRIL 1st, WBRU air personality DONNI KHAN infiltrated the station, attempting to reclaim what rightfully belonged to Alt Rock and its fans. With help from fellow staffers SETH RESLER AND LYRA, DONNI locked the doors to the studio and played "Sabotage" by the BEASTIE BOYS. As listeners began to gather at the station, The two formats engaged in a power struggle for the station throughout the afternoon. Despite the lengthy battle, WBRU emerged victorious as RICH LUPO, owner of LUPO’S HEARTBREAK HOTEL, bought back the station and returned it to its deserving owners.

WBRU has returned to Alternative, showing no signs of ill residual effects from the APRIL FOOL's DAY prank.
I'm in shape! Round is a shape!
robert

Post by robert »

Now THAT is good stuff. I like how the Dicky sentence was one of the most convaluted one that i have ever read.