This week's Rodcast

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

lsinger9404

This week's Rodcast

Post by lsinger9404 »

The latest version of Audio Hijack allows me to capture my Radio Shark directly to mp3, so this week's is up already. One highlight is an alternate version of Gang Of Four's oft unrecognized masterpiece "(Love Like) Anthrax".

http://larrysinger.com/rotr.html

Audio Hijack allows you to add in effects to improve the sound. I'm no producer, but i tweaked around with a couple effects. if any of you musically minded people have any suggstions, i'm up for them.
assholitis

Re: This week's Rodcast

Post by assholitis »

lsinger9404 wrote:I'm no producer, but i tweaked around with a couple effects.
Stop being modest. You're a regular Rick Rubin. Do you happen to archive Jonesy's Jukebox by any chance? I tried looking around your site but couldn't find anything. Rich, who I've been going to for mp3s of Jonesy shows, hasn't put up a new show in two weeks so I was just wondering.

-Kevin
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
lsinger9404

Post by lsinger9404 »

Actually, i did a few jonesy shows here and there (Hall & Oates, Westerberg, New Order)...but once I started realizing that Indie isn't going to tell us who's on until 12 noon, an the Jonesy e-mail list is useless except for announcing Lisa Marie that's the only e-mail i've ever received)...i'm just capturing it every day now. Problem is, I don't have the time or storage spaced to put them up.

Who's Rich? Does he have site that has past shows?
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

He's from the Yahoo group, although I don't see him post too often. He has the shows from 3-17-05 to 4-14-05 give or take a few episodes, and also the Billy Idol concert at the Roxy. He also has a lot of the Head Trip shows archived. I can't listen to Jonesy (or Indie) at work, so I had been going there daily and checking out the previous day's show that I had missed. Even though I was a day behind, I was psyched just to be able to listen to the Jukebox again. But, as I mentioned in my first post, he hasn't put up a new show since the Hall & Oates April 14th show. I don't know if he's out of town or just not archiving these any more. I tried emailing and am still waiting for a reply. I know time and especially storage space are a problem, so if it's just not worth the trouble for him, I completely understand. It was nice to hear the ol' Sire of Wilshire again, though.

http://jonesy.headtriparchive.com/

Main site: http://www.headtriparchive.com

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

I am very keen to hear the Bizarre Love Triangle wit Jonsey on guitar again. It was pretty bad, but it was funny.
"My band name is now your coupon" - Joe
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Oy, me too! lol And an equally sloppy, but memorable, performance was Tim Burgess trying to knock out True Faith by only knowing the first line of the chorus. :lol:

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

I love Head Trip, that's a good one to have on MP3!
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas
Darf

Post by Darf »

lsinger9404!

Do you still have the New Order show archived?
I would love to hear that acoustic BLT...
Still get that one stuck in my head.

Thanks,

~Mike D.