The Man In Black is back!

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

OneOldPunk

The Man In Black is back!

Post by OneOldPunk »

NEW YORK (July 13) - Even in death, Johnny Cash is still mighty enough to top the Billboard 200.

"American V: A Hundred Highways" earned the Man in Black his first No. 1 album since 1969's "Johnny Cash at San Quentin," selling 88,000 copies its first week in the United States, according to Nielsen Soundscan.

The album, a collection of songs Cash recorded just before his death in 2003, also crowned the Top Country Albums tally, knocking the Dixie Chicks ' "Taking the Long Way" (Columbia) to No. 2 after seven weeks on top.

Though the top debut is a great posthumous achievement, the Rick Rubin-produced "American V" (American Recordings/Lost Highway) sold the fewest copies of a No. 1 debut since Nielsen SoundScan began tracking data in 1991.

(I don't usally post this stuff, but being a life long Johnny Cash fan I thought it my duty. I have heard "God's Gonna Cut You Down" and it is great! It sounds a little Tom Waits-ish, but that is not a bad thing! I will go get this one ASAP!)

PS. Johnny Cash is as Indie as it gets. I would not be surprised if you hear some of these songs on most non-country stations.
I feel all itchy!
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

I'm sure he's rolling over in his grave for this shit
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley