No Rodcast...but better: Malcolm 4 U!

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

lsinger9404

No Rodcast...but better: Malcolm 4 U!

Post by lsinger9404 »

I screwed up and left my Shark on 103.1 and caught three hours of early morning Indie, rather than Rodney.

However...I put up the rebroadcast of Jonesy (we'll call it a "Bodcast") with Malcolm.

Go through the usual way:
http://larrysinger.com/rotr.html

Start up your modems/ipods!

More cool Jonesy shows to come...

Larry
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Your'e the man!
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

Larry:

Do you by any chance have the show on your shark where our fellow Street Teamer, Tom, was on Dicky's show? I told him that you were probably his best bet....

He was also wondering if you had the Jonsey/Def Leopard show.....
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Yay Larry! I read that you were going to capture the rebroadcast on your Shark and I was wondering if you'd actually put it up on your site. I've been dying to hear that show. Thanks. :D

-Kevin
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
lsinger9404

Post by lsinger9404 »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:Larry:

Do you by any chance have the show on your shark where our fellow Street Teamer, Tom, was on Dicky's show? I told him that you were probably his best bet....

He was also wondering if you had the Jonsey/Def Leopard show.....
Which show was it that Tom was on??? Was it the birthday show?? i've only just recently started using the Shark, and before that, only used Audio Hijack occasionally. i've started recording daily now.

As for Def Leppard...missed that one.
gidgetgoestohell

Larry:

Dicky's show was on May 4th. I think that Kev had the Def Leopard day. They actually played some funny stuff. You might want to give Kev a holler. I reluctantly listened to the rebroadcast, I am in NO way a metal fan, but I was pleasantly surprised. In fact, I had a really good laugh, which always works for me.
Gidge

assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Actually, no, the guy who archives Jonesy's Jukebox doesn't go back that far. AND he hasn't posted a new episode in over 2 weeks. :( I'm missing my Jonesy fix. But at least I got to listen to the Macolm interview. I think Stuart said he caught some of the day that NotYou Tom was on Dicky's show and I think he sent him a link to it. I believe Stuart also said he has a copy of the Def Leppard show that he sent out.

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
gidgetgoestohell

Oh crap. I stand corrected! Isn't Stu a great guy too? I must say that we have the best group of guys here, even Glenn...~winks to the G Dawg~
Gidge

Stuartmm

Post by Stuartmm »

Yeah, i sent the links off.

Here is the Morning Show one;

http://s31.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3MPS ... QRBRJZDT83

I think it is good for a week or 25 downloads whatever comes first.
I didnt forward the other link for the Leppard show to here so i cant post it just now.

If i ever get enough time i would really like to do what the teenagekicks3000.com site has done for John Peel shows.
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Ah yes, yousendit.com. That's a nifty lil website. That's how Annie and I finally figured out how I could send her my Strokes on Conan O'Brien videos.

Yes, I'd love to find a site that archives Jonesy's Jukebox shows. The one I was going to was perfect, good quality, never missed a day, even had the Billy Idol show, but as I said he's been MIA for the past couple weeks. I think the biggest hassles for archiving would be time and website space for that many shows.

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
Stuartmm

Post by Stuartmm »

Look at teenagekicks3000.com they make use of yousendit.com and rapidshare.de for most of the "diskspace". Very clever idea.

So at least shows are being documented and if the downloads exceed the limit they just get uploaded again. So the bandwidth is only really a hit once on the uploader.

I know the diskspace problem. I just sent off a copy of my Indie103.1 shows and even stored in asf format ( approx 35 mb / show ) it took 4 dvds ( approx 15 Gb )

I think i sent Larry a copy of the Leppard show so he could upload it for anyone who needs it right away. or Tom could post the yousendit link.
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

File Transfer: Unavailable
Wow, I guess it already hit the 25 download limit. No biggie. I'll check out that teenagekicks site, though.

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
lsinger9404

Post by lsinger9404 »

[quote="Stuartmm"]Look at teenagekicks3000.com they make use of yousendit.com and rapidshare.de for most of the "diskspace". Very clever idea.

AHHHHH...thanks. Somebody had told me about yousendit and I couldn't
remember the name...but I was thinnking that would be a good alternate space.

Thanks for the teenagekicks link. When Peel passed I was thinking that apple would be smart to license the entire Peel Sessions library and put it on iTunes so people could mix and match