Ashley Macdonald...update...11-1-06...11-21-06 again

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

The Rizen shloemoe

Ashley Macdonald...update...11-1-06...11-21-06 again

Post by The Rizen shloemoe »

From an OC Register editorial:
On Friday, a 19-year-old Huntington Beach woman, Ashley MacDonald, was shot to death by two police officers after she brandished a buck-style knife. According to news reports, Ms. MacDonald lunged at her mother and cut her on the wrist, then wandered into a park. A passer-by saw the despondent woman and called police, who then approached the girl.

According to the sheriff's department, which is on contract with the Huntington Beach Police Department to investigate officer-related shootings, Ms. MacDonald refused to drop the knife and was shot to death after she lunged at the officers. Her mother, Vicki MacDonald, was understandably hysterical upon learning of her daughter's death.

isn't that fucked up....two "healthy" "men" couldn't disarm a troubled
teenage girl with a pocket knife?

Fuck HB PD!!!!!A bunch 'o' pukes!
Last edited by The Rizen shloemoe on Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Having abandoned my search for truth,
I am now looking for a good fantasy.
--Anonymous Internet Sage

...Some men...ya just can't reach...
--The Captain from "Cool Hand Luke"
rotter

Post by rotter »

Thats sad :( Don't police carry mace or use tazers instead of lethal takedown there? :?
The Rizen shloemoe

...So the morning I read about the shooting I sent H.B. P.D. an
email(I know...shloemoe is stupid...I'm probably under investigation
right now) saying I thought their training and/or mission was
questionable....glad I didn't call em cowards or murderers
....I'd be peeking out the blinds right now.

I just got this email from their chief of police this morning:

Thank you for your email and comments concerning the shooting of Ashley MacDonald. I assume, based on your email, that you did not witness the incident but were responding based on reports you saw or heard in the media. If you were a witness, or if you have any information concerning the shooting or events leading to the shooting, please contact Lieutenant Craig Junginger at (714) 374-1531.

Following the shooting of Ashley MacDonald in Huntington Beach, the city and police department received many emails, telephone calls and letters that were critical of the officers actions. Some referred to the police officers as "cowards", "murderers", "out of control" etc. One even suggested that he was going to have a party to celebrate the next time a police officer was killed. Many in the media were also critical of the officers actions and seem to have made up their mind based on the articles I've read.

I agree that the shooting was tragic and sad. I also agree that the conduct of law enforcement officers (and law enforcement agencies) should be carefully reviewed especially when deadly force is used. What I cannot agree with is the decision many people have made about the conduct of the officers based on the limited information that was available. Generally, there is an expectation that police officers should be able to resolve a situation where a suspect is armed with a dangerous weapon without resorting to the use of deadly force. During my tenure in Huntington Beach, police officers have done that many times. At some point, however, police officers are authorized to use deadly force to protect themselves from the possibility of serious injury or death, and the reality is that an eighteen-year old female armed with a knife is capable of seriously injuring or killing a police officer. The one murder we've had in Huntington Beach this year involved a twenty-year old female armed with a knife who murdered an adult male. Quite frankly, the information available today is not sufficient for you or me to make a reasonable determination about the conduct of the police officers.

At the request of the Huntington Beach Police Department, the Orange County Sheriff's Department investigates our officer-involved shootings. Some correspondence has suggested that the investigation by the sheriff's department may be biased or incomplete. I can assure you that nothing could be further from the truth. The investigation will be comprehensive and thorough, and it will provide a good basis for making a decision regarding the conduct of the police officers. After the sheriff's department investigation is completed, it is reviewed by the Orange County District Attorney's Office where a decision is made regarding whether the officer's use of deadly force was justified. Having the sheriff's department investigate the shooting, and the district attorney's office review the investigation allows for two separate independent reviews of the incident. Following a decision by the district attorney's office, the police department will conduct a Use of Force Review Board where the tactics of the police officers and the use of force are reviewed.

One unfortunate fact is that the investigation by the sheriff's department, and the review by the district attorney's office, will take some time. In my view, it is more important that the investigation be thorough and complete than that it be completed quickly. Also, I know that the sheriff's investigators and the district attorneys are working on multiple investigations, and they cannot dedicate all of their time to this case. The reality is that people working in the criminal justice system have plenty of work to do.

At the beginning of this email, I told you that some of the correspondence I received characterized the officers as "cowards", "murderers" and "out of control". In closing, I want you to know that none of those characterizations of these officers is correct. Both of these officers were hired during my tenure as Chief of Police. They are both fine police officers who have done an excellent job since being hired. I am sure that neither officer wanted to be involved in a shooting that morning and neither had any desire to shoot an eighteen-year old female. However, now that the shooting occurred, their actions from the time they received the radio call, until the final shot was fired, will be closely scrutinized by other law enforcement officials, by prosecutors, by their supervisors within the police department and by members of the public. We'll all have months to question, second-guess and debate actions and decisions these officers made within seconds. I want to point out that there were some decisions the officers had no control over. They had no control over the decision Ashley MacDonald made to walk into a public park carrying and waving a knife and acting in a strange and bizarre manner causing members of the public to call the police department. They had no control over the decision Ashley MacDonald made not to drop the knife when repeatedly asked to do so, and they had no control over the decision she made to charge and lunge at them with a knife in her hand. We all wish that this incident hadn't occurred. Now that it has, I wish the officers would be treated fairly, and people would withhold making a judgment until all the facts are known.

Kenneth W. Small
Chief of Police
Huntington Beach Police Department

I dunno...I think if I were sworn to serve and protect I'd be able
to disarm a teenage girl with a pocket knife....but then maybe
shloemoe's stupid :D

Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Did anyone mention Ashley Macdonald is BLACK and the cops are WHTIE!
rotter

Post by rotter »

Would it make a difference to you Glenn if the cops where black and Ashley was white?Since you brought that to the table,answer me.
The Rizen shloemoe

Glenn wrote:Did anyone mention Ashley Macdonald is BLACK and the cops are WHTIE!
no shit?....good thing that for the resort people that didn't get video
taped....."surf city" -up in smoke!
Last edited by The Rizen shloemoe on Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rotter

Post by rotter »

One even suggested that he was going to have a party to celebrate the next time a police officer was killed.
A very sick individual thinks like that.... :x
The Rizen shloemoe

rotter wrote:Would it make a difference to you Glenn if the cops where black and Ashley was white?Since you brought that to the table,answer me.
Speaking fer meself rot...that is at least a bit significant...blacks are
way more likely to suffer police brutality than are whites...um..
Rodney King ring a bell?

Back in the 80's when blacks were just starting to move to OC
going to jail black was tantemount to being lynched....humongous
creulty was common....nowadays their #'s are better represented
in the jails so..aint no thing....Now a white boy in L.A. County Jail
...better have a good dental plan when(if :shock: ) ya get out.

...Oh Canada must be nice... :D

rotter

Post by rotter »

Yeah...seems the racial comparisons are a problem in the United States.Canada is more tolerant ...it is nice. :D
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

rotter wrote:Would it make a difference to you Glenn if the cops where black and Ashley was white?Since you brought that to the table,answer me.
Black cops killing a white girl in H.B is a very serious crime indeed. They can use hate crime laws against the cops.

White cops killing a black girl is also bad.

Black cop kills black girl is boring. Dosent sell papers.

White cop kills white girl dosen't hapen.

:lol:

Just joking of course.

I might e-mail the H.B police dept and ask the color of the officers and the victim just to settle this.
rotter

Post by rotter »

this black vs. white arguement is appalling... :roll:
The Rizen shloemoe

rotter wrote:
One even suggested that he was going to have a party to celebrate the next time a police officer was killed.
A very sick individual thinks like that.... :x
A great political theorist once said:
"power tends to corrupt"...I've seen cops abuse their authority many
times...I've mopped a lot o blood up from the service elevator in county
jail...that kinda thing does tend to promote real hate...it is wrong...
but Ive felt it before

again...Canada must be nice....pass the syrup Rotman...shloemoe's
moving in!!!! :D

Glenn

Post by Glenn »

It is very appaling.

I lived in Huntington Beach for years.

Although my comments are a poor taste joke, (soneone got killed) I think Huntington Beach is a very white area with quite a real racial attitude to the locals sometimes.
The Rizen shloemoe

Glenn wrote:It is very appaling.

Although my comments are a poor taste joke, (soneone got killed) I think Huntington Beach is a very white area with quite a real racial attitude to the locals sometimes.
HBPD is notorius for heavey handed moves...Me and a friend got pulled over once and the reason they pulled us over they said was "we looked like thiefs"....i think back in those days (80's we where)...but that's besides
the point :D

Glenn

Post by Glenn »

I visited Berkley once and when I was walking from the car parked on the street to the house that we where visiting, some young lady of African American descent (about 8 years old or so) yelled

"Go White Boy, Go White Boy, Go White Boy, Go" a la Vanilla Ice.

I admit I was kinda taken off guard.

Then her mom came out and clipped her around the ear & apoligised.

I thought that was kinda funny.
jr

Post by jr »

i grew up in HB ... it was (is?) a predominantly white area..

anyone remember the signal hill killing..
i cant remember the mans name but he was a black young man who was arrested and in jail it was reported he hung himself , but later it was found that he suffered police brutality, etc...

anyone? i wish i could remember..

its tragic when someone is injured, killed... and i think bleating out

FUCK HB PD.. isnt the answer

good on ya that you wrote a letter... admirable.
i always say i will and never do...
12 bellz... YOU DO UNDERSTAND??!!
The Rizen shloemoe

Glenn wrote:I visited Berkley once and when I was walking from the car parked on the street to the house that we where visiting, some young lady of African American descent (about 8 years old or so) yelled

"Go White Boy, Go White Boy, Go White Boy, Go" a la Vanilla Ice.

I admit I was kinda taken off guard.

Then her mom came out and clipped her around the ear & apoligised.

I thought that was kinda funny.
that's kinda like that song "trailer Ras" by Long Beach Dub Allstars
"way back in junior high I coulda swore my name was white boy"
yeah I heard the term quite a bit...let me tell peckerwood!...you
cracker ass white boy :D ....jeez...better NEVER say the "N" word
regardless of yo racial sentiments :cry: ...yo!

rotter

Post by rotter »

Racial attitude is everywhere..even here..Me and Maddie have had comments about our mixed relationship.I've heard the whispers and felt the pain of ignorance.I know what it is also to be a "minority".Being a non native on an native reservation kinda makes you light up and glow quite brightly,and then came the comments :roll: Ignorance is everywhere...thats life.
rotter

Post by rotter »

The best way to deal with racial discrimination is to educate our children about how it takes away from the human race.Maybe someday it will disappear...but I think there will always be hate.I guess in my nirvana,people get along and make the world better for everyone.
rotter

Post by rotter »

rotter wrote:Yeah...seems the racial comparisons are a problem in the United States.Canada is more tolerant ...it is nice. :D
A very general statement and rather ignorant...... :oops:
The Rizen shloemoe

Dude all we are is monkeys with big brains and technology....
dont hurt the monkeys!!!...but take away that destructo button
they like to have..and give it to shloemoe...he likes to feel big :D

Last edited by The Rizen shloemoe on Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Glenn

Post by Glenn »

rotter wrote:

Racial attitude is everywhere..even here..Me and Maddie have had comments about our mixed relationship.I've heard the whispers and felt the pain of ignorance.I know what it is also to be a "minority".Being a non native on an native reservation kinda makes you light up and glow quite brightly,and then came the comments :roll: Ignorance is everywhere...thats life.
Yeah. I was in a mixed relationship for many years with Latino blood.
rotter

Post by rotter »

The Rizen shloemoe wrote:Dude all we are is monkeys with big brains and technology....

Now what would Shloemoe do with all this button?Flick it? :lol: ...drop the bomb monkeyman... :lol:
The Rizen shloemoe

rotter wrote:
The Rizen shloemoe wrote:Dude all we are is monkeys with big brains and technology....

Now what would Shloemoe do with all this button?Flick it? :lol: ...drop the bomb monkeyman... :lol:
naw man ...just act like a bigshot baboon...top chimp...kinda like what I do here.....BUT WITH A GIANT BOMB!..hehehehehehehe!

rotter

Post by rotter »

My bomb is bigger than your bomb...and I'm a ripped ass rainbow butt monkey :P
rotter

Post by rotter »

ImageOoooooopppppsss.....I dropped it...sorry about that :oops: Don't worry folks,it had just skittles in it :D
The Rizen shloemoe

rotter wrote:ImageOoooooopppppsss.....I dropped it...sorry about that :oops: Don't worry folks,it had just skittles in it :D
that's a beautiful pic Rot....what a fucked up species we are
...we see the horror of the maelstrum...yet we are drawn to it?

"I HAVE BECOME DEATH"
--R Oppenhiemer...father of the A- bomb

...yet he built the mother fucker!

rotter

Post by rotter »

yeah...it is beautiful.....if you look at it longtime you owe me five dollar. :P
The Rizen shloemoe

rotter wrote:yeah...it is beautiful.....if you look at it longtime you owe me five dollar. :P
What?...what are you now a vietnamese prostitute....5 dolla....5 dolla
joe...i give you lot's o love ...5 dolla!

rotter

Post by rotter »

Five dolla for cheap sunglasses and a microphone...
The Rizen shloemoe

Ummm....ok

rotter

Post by rotter »

I tell you what.....you gimme five dolla and I'll send you a rubber cunt made by obeygiant :P
The Rizen shloemoe

rotter wrote:I tell you what.....you gimme five dolla and I'll send you a rubber cunt made by obeygiant :P
yeah with jonsey's face on it?....no thanks!

The Rizen shloemoe

Wow!...could this be?
From oc register:
HUNTINGTON BEACH – County prosecutors are considering
criminal charges against two Huntington Beach police officers
who shot and killed 18-year-old Ashley MacDonald on Aug. 25
after, they have said, the teenager lunged at them with a knife.

For the first time, Huntington Beach police Tuesday named the
officers who confronted and shot the teenager in Sun View Park
after, they have said, she ignored their orders to drop a knife.

Officers Shawn Randell, 26, and Read Parker, 28, went to the
park after a passer-by reported seeing MacDonald, splashed
with blood, pacing back and forth and waving a knife.

Orange County Sheriff's Department investigators finished
a review of the shooting and Monday turned the case over
to the Orange County District Attorney's Office. Huntington
Beach and Westminster are the only two Orange County
cities that hire the Sheriff's Department to investigate
officer-involved shootings.

Those who hold others SO accountable....should be held accountable!

The Rizen shloemoe

Ok since I been following this I guess I gotta keep ya's
updated.....

One of the cops who blasted Ashley saved a 5 year old
choking victim at a birthday party on Sunday...

here's the story from OCregister:
http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/ho ... 360368.php

Good thing the little girl wasn't armed....tha-dum-dump-tissss