Sara Likes Me

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

obiwankobe

Sara Likes Me

Post by obiwankobe »

HEADLINES http://www.partyben.com/
JUNE 6, 2005
SARA LIKES ME, NOT MY MIX

But there's so much of me in the mix. Canadian duo Tegan and Sara have been really good sports; they stopped by LIVE 105 recently and it turns out they'd heard my bootleg mix of their hit single "Walking with a Ghost" (mixed with the excellent Mylo's "Paris Four Hundred"). They both said they liked it, and even that their record company was considering releasing it (although I don't know how Mylo would feel about that). In any event, we parted friends, and that's the last I knew...

Until last week, when a writer for the Adelaide, Australia alt-bi-weekly DB Magazine forwarded me a section of an interview he'd just done with Sara. He'd asked about my mix, and turns out she's not as much of a fan as I thought:

Sara: "It's... fine. I actually know Party Ben; he's really funny. Those mash-ups are weird to me anyway, and dance music just reminds me of being 16. Tegan loves it though, and she always puts it on, like, she listens to it all the time. She totally wants to be Moby! She wants to do a dance record. When the record label heard it I think they almost considered releasing it officially, and I was like, 'no, are you fucking out of your mind? We have enough trouble with our image! Jesus Christ..."

"Image"?! "Trouble"?!! Well! Fine! I guess Tegan and me will go out dancing and you can just stay here in your room, Sara, in Canada, and mope. Plus aren't you like only 18 as it is?!

Read the whole article here.
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

hahahaha, that's hilarious!!!!!
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas
Gooch

Re: Sara Likes Me

Post by Gooch »

obiwankobe wrote:I guess Tegan and me will go out dancing and you can just stay here in your room, Sara, in Canada, and mope. Plus aren't you like only 18 as it is?!
What?!?!? And break-up your threesome fantasy with twins?!?! Tom dahlink....go lay down..you're talking crazy...
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

No, I think that was still part of Party Ben's article....
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Yeah, I thougth that was Tom mouthing off too, Gooch. That makes more sense that it was Party Ben's backlash. I knew Tom could never say a bad word about either Tegan OR Sara.

-Kevin
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*