Did anyone go?

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

Glenn

Did anyone go?

Post by Glenn »

Did anyone make it to The Sex Pistols gig???
"My band name is now your coupon" - Joe
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

nope
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
RobertKP

Post by RobertKP »

Not me either! I gave up trying.
I'm in shape! Round is a shape!
The Rizen shloemoe

Post by The Rizen shloemoe »

I wonder what the "insider" to everyday Joe
attendance ratio was?........

Listen to win!!!!!!!
Having abandoned my search for truth,
I am now looking for a good fantasy.
--Anonymous Internet Sage

...Some men...ya just can't reach...
--The Captain from "Cool Hand Luke"
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

I am sure it was all Hollywood insiders.

I got swindled Thurs night anyhow.

I ended up going to a bar and got swindled by the waitress.

Gave the watiress $20 for a $7.50 drink and never saw the change.

30 minutes later when I was trying to track the waitress down (I couldn't remember what she looked like) & get my $12.50 change back, she said that I had never ordered from her and I was trying to con the estanlshment to drink for free etc. The whole staff at the establishment turned on me and said that I was making it up!

Determined not to be conned I took it up with the manager twice, the first time he said that there is nothing that he could do, so I stood at the bar insulting the bar staff & warning customers to be sure that they count their change. (if they are lucky to get any change at all)

Finally the manager said he will pay me $12.00 on the condition that I leave. He also said that he thought that I was making it up and conning the bar for $12.00. I went to shake his hand & thank him making good, (after all, a customer has the right to get their change) and he would not shake my hand becasue he could not respect a man who insults his bar staff that badly. He also turned on me and said that I was swindling them & making up the story.

Well I tell ya, some people need some customer service training.

At least I got my money back.

:D
The Rizen shloemoe

Post by The Rizen shloemoe »

Ah there ya go Glenners!!!!
Every drunk, or soon to be
drunk bar patron salutes you!

Cheers Glenn!
Having abandoned my search for truth,
I am now looking for a good fantasy.
--Anonymous Internet Sage

...Some men...ya just can't reach...
--The Captain from "Cool Hand Luke"
chriswasanon

Post by chriswasanon »

Well Pie and Peas made it to the Roxy - he of our oldey Glory Jonesy blog.

Mind you he did ring that station so much and was glued to his radio fun city, so he was bound to + some people just got mojo to win stuff and others... take it away Mr Thunders...

Well, that's just the way it goes
This city is so cold
And I'm ... I'm so-so
That's why I know (I say hey)

Born to lose
Born to lose
Born to lose
Baby I was born to lose

Nothing to do
And nothing to say
Only one thing that I know
It's the only way ... I said hit it!

Born to lose (I say hey)
Born to lose (I say hey)
Born to lose
Baby I was born to lose

Baby I was born to lose

Living in a jungle
It ain't so hard
But living in the city
It'll eat out ... eat out your heart (I said hey)

Born to lose (I say hey)
Born to lose (I say hey)
Born to lose
Baby I was born to lose
Baby I was born to lose
Baby I was born to lose
Baby I was born to…

Guitar 4x

Born to lose
Born to lose
Born to lose
Baby I'm born too lose
Baby I’m born to lose

Born to lose
Born to lose
Born to lose
Baby I'm born too lose 4x

I was really really happy for him though. Now his face is in that picture of the audience all over the world...Total drag for those who didn't win nuffin.
Lot of talk about the SP's playing in the US next year anyway so if the UK gigs go well then I can;t see no reason why they won't take your money and tour the US and yeah Rottski, Canada.

I'm tempted to go to this CRASS thing in London too as well as Glasgow and Manchester.

It just like Die Toten Hosen sang, it all comes around again.

CwA
"It is I, the gorrilla of 3b. Nigel Molesworth".
chriswasanon

Post by chriswasanon »

At least I got my money back...

Too right!!! Sounds like something out of a film. The place might regularly scam people with pretty girls.

Anyway.

NEVER SURRENDER!

Ruts!

Cheers Glenn O.

CwA
"It is I, the gorrilla of 3b. Nigel Molesworth".
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

chriswasanon wrote:At least I got my money back...

Too right!!! Sounds like something out of a film. The place might regularly scam people with pretty girls.
Yip, it's the oldest con in the books.

You order a drink. Watiress delivers.

Pay waitress. Waitress pockets the change.

You complain. Ask for your change again.

Waiterss says your making it up.

You get angry and demand your change back

Watiress calls security and bouncers throw you out without asking a question based on her word.

Works like a charm...most of the time. (in my case the security didn't arrive to bounce me when she raised her arm so I could continue my bitching and embarress them - the difference between getting your money back or not)

I used to know a girl who worked at this same bar and she told me all the stories. Jeez. The public are taken for mugs.
ChispaFilthyLucre

Post by ChispaFilthyLucre »

yeah good attitud Glen!
IF Im hEre iS ThANk to STEVe JoNEs "JONeSyS" FROm sEx PiStoLs
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

What place was this, I need to avoid it!!!
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

more pictures-follow link

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la ... &cset=true

Along with its own noisemakers, the group throws in covers in an hour's uneven barrage.
By Greg Burk, Special to The Times
October 27, 2007
The Sex Pistols rock-and-comedy revue mounted another of its periodic resurrections Thursday at the Roxy. Having offered free tickets to fans through Indie 103.1 (KDLD-FM), the radio station at which Pistols guitarist Steve Jones is a DJ, the heroes of rock destruction assembled for their first-ever L.A. club gig to commemorate the initial digital download offering of their gate-crashing 1977 album, "Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols."

They've also re-recorded a couple of their hits for the "Guitar Hero III" video game and will be soiling several stages in their native Britain next month.

Sex Pistols concert
Photo Gallery
Sex Pistols concert
Bragging that the group had labored for three full hours rehearsing for this gig, lead taunter Johnny Rotten (a.k.a. John Lydon) marshaled Jones, drummer Paul Cook and early bassist Glen Matlock (whose replacement, the more famous Sid Vicious, died of an overdose in 1979) through an hour's half-tight, half-slop memory junket.

"Just remember, we're the ones who brought [punk rock] to you first!" declared Rotten early on, and then he made himself a liar by sprinkling hints of the American bands he'd ripped off, starting with "New York," the Pistols' backhanded tribute to the New York Dolls, and later ticking off time-tested covers of other punk bridge builders: the Stooges' "No Fun" and Paul Revere & the Raiders' "I'm Not Your Stepping Stone." (What about the Modern Lovers' "Roadrunner"? The Pistols used to do that too.)

The irony was only one blat in an overall symphony of goofery that commenced pre-show, when the audience was subjected to a half-hour of mirror-ball sparkle and disco music (the '70s dance craze the Pistols were supposed to have demolished).

The self-deflation continued with the opening selection, the formerly class-conscious "Holidays in the Sun" (Rotten and Jones have enjoyed permanent holidays in Los Angeles for decades), and spiked with Rotten mock-pitifully singing "I'm a lazy sod" ("Seventeen") and hugging himself while sobbing, "No future for me!" ("God Save the Queen").

Resplendent in polyester vest and plaid pants, Rotten worked his showbiz outrage to the point of near collapse, taking a break after 40 minutes for what he claimed was an irresistible response to nature's call -- well, that middle-aged prostate can indeed be a bummer.

He popped his eyes for "Did You No Wrong," rolled his gut and gargled cognac for the standout "I'm Not Your Stepping Stone," blew snot and spat liberally throughout. "You're ugly," he informed the crowd, "but I can yell all night, 'cause I'm . . . uglier."

His complaining tenor rang in mighty condition.

The T-shirted and truck-driverish Jones, meanwhile, wearing a look of bluff stupefaction, raked his Les Paul diligently; dapper Matlock nailed the groove like a musician; Cook kept up a rat-battering racket. Volleying clean and hard at first, the Pistols' mid-tempo barrage began to misfire halfway as Rotten ceded vocal duties to the chanting crowd, which knew the words better than he did. But the band regrouped after Rotten's excursion to the loo, even inspiring a bit of a slam-dance for "EMI" among the mostly unyouthful fans, who were packed in like war refugees.

Nobody indulged in the '70s tradition of spitting on Rotten, though he pretended to be incensed when some boor doused him with a drink.

He left the stage raining theatrical abuse on nameless oppressors and "all that . . . they used to call music."
-tom

Glenn

Post by Glenn »

obiwankobe wrote:What place was this, I need to avoid it!!!
It is called Hurricanes in Huntington Beach. I've never liked it much (not my crowd or scene) but went down to support a friends band & they tried to take me for a mug. Well it didn't work this time.

It is cool though, I got a new song out of it. Cool lyrics & tune. 8) The incident sparked my creative anger enough to sit down & write about those mothers :twisted:
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

obiwankobe wrote:Image

more pictures-follow link

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la ... &cset=true

Along with its own noisemakers, the group throws in covers in an hour's uneven barrage.
By Greg Burk, Special to The Times
October 27, 2007
The Sex Pistols rock-and-comedy revue mounted another of its periodic resurrections Thursday at the Roxy. Having offered free tickets to fans through Indie 103.1 (KDLD-FM), the radio station at which Pistols guitarist Steve Jones is a DJ, the heroes of rock destruction assembled for their first-ever L.A. club gig to commemorate the initial digital download offering of their gate-crashing 1977 album, "Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols."

They've also re-recorded a couple of their hits for the "Guitar Hero III" video game and will be soiling several stages in their native Britain next month.

Sex Pistols concert
Photo Gallery
Sex Pistols concert
Bragging that the group had labored for three full hours rehearsing for this gig, lead taunter Johnny Rotten (a.k.a. John Lydon) marshaled Jones, drummer Paul Cook and early bassist Glen Matlock (whose replacement, the more famous Sid Vicious, died of an overdose in 1979) through an hour's half-tight, half-slop memory junket.

"Just remember, we're the ones who brought [punk rock] to you first!" declared Rotten early on, and then he made himself a liar by sprinkling hints of the American bands he'd ripped off, starting with "New York," the Pistols' backhanded tribute to the New York Dolls, and later ticking off time-tested covers of other punk bridge builders: the Stooges' "No Fun" and Paul Revere & the Raiders' "I'm Not Your Stepping Stone." (What about the Modern Lovers' "Roadrunner"? The Pistols used to do that too.)

The irony was only one blat in an overall symphony of goofery that commenced pre-show, when the audience was subjected to a half-hour of mirror-ball sparkle and disco music (the '70s dance craze the Pistols were supposed to have demolished).

The self-deflation continued with the opening selection, the formerly class-conscious "Holidays in the Sun" (Rotten and Jones have enjoyed permanent holidays in Los Angeles for decades), and spiked with Rotten mock-pitifully singing "I'm a lazy sod" ("Seventeen") and hugging himself while sobbing, "No future for me!" ("God Save the Queen").

Resplendent in polyester vest and plaid pants, Rotten worked his showbiz outrage to the point of near collapse, taking a break after 40 minutes for what he claimed was an irresistible response to nature's call -- well, that middle-aged prostate can indeed be a bummer.

He popped his eyes for "Did You No Wrong," rolled his gut and gargled cognac for the standout "I'm Not Your Stepping Stone," blew snot and spat liberally throughout. "You're ugly," he informed the crowd, "but I can yell all night, 'cause I'm . . . uglier."

His complaining tenor rang in mighty condition.

The T-shirted and truck-driverish Jones, meanwhile, wearing a look of bluff stupefaction, raked his Les Paul diligently; dapper Matlock nailed the groove like a musician; Cook kept up a rat-battering racket. Volleying clean and hard at first, the Pistols' mid-tempo barrage began to misfire halfway as Rotten ceded vocal duties to the chanting crowd, which knew the words better than he did. But the band regrouped after Rotten's excursion to the loo, even inspiring a bit of a slam-dance for "EMI" among the mostly unyouthful fans, who were packed in like war refugees.

Nobody indulged in the '70s tradition of spitting on Rotten, though he pretended to be incensed when some boor doused him with a drink.

He left the stage raining theatrical abuse on nameless oppressors and "all that . . . they used to call music."
I'm not sure this is a flatering article for TSP.

Love those pictures. Lydon cracks me up.