Breaking New Music News For Germans

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

Glenn

Breaking New Music News For Germans

Post by Glenn »

musikexpress.de
# Kaiser Chiefs
Auferstanden aus Ruinen und gleich weiter zur Weltherrschaft? Der Weg
von „Rocky Raccoon“-Covers in der Grundschule über eine verpuffte
Erstkarriere, die Abstempelung als Total-Loser bis zum Aufstieg als
gerechtester Hype der neuen Britenwelle war weit für die Kaiser Chiefs. Es ist
die Geschichte einer Band namens Parva, die mit Pauken und Trompeten
unterging, noch bevor eine einzige Platte über den Ladentisch gegangen
war. Es ist die Geschichte einer Clubnacht namens Pigs, mit der die fünf
Bandmitglieder zu den coolsten Lads in Leeds wurden. Und es ist die
Geschichte der Hits „Oh My God“ und „I Predict A Riot“. Jetzt sind etwa
900.000 Menschen glückliche Besitzer des Kaiser-Chiefs-Debüts EMPLOYMENT.
Um herauszufinden, wie das alles passieren konnte, traf ME-Redakteur
Josef Winkler die Chiefs in Berlin – ausgerechnet am 7.Juli, am Tag, als
in London die Bomben explodierten.

# Green Day
Zehn Jahre nach DOOKIE hatte man sie ja eigentlich wirklich nicht mehr
auf dem Zettel für den großen Rock-Ruhm. Doch dank dem Hitalbum
AMERICAN IDIOT, politischer Lautsprecherei und nicht zuletzt den
unverschämtesten, gigantischsten Rockshows der Saison sind Green Day jetzt auf dem
Gipfel, mit 40 Millionen verkauften Platten und Konzerten vor 120.000
Fans. Nach einem Jahr der Superlative blicken Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike
Dirnt und Tré Cool bei einem Aufenthalt in der kanadischen Provinz
zurück und versuchen, sich einen Reim auf ihren zweiten Durchbruch zu
machen.

# Supergrass
„Young, stupid, sexy“ waren Supergrass vor zehn Jahren, als sie mit
ihren punktgenauen Punk-Pop-Singles zum neuesten Britpop-Hype erklärt
wurden. Mit ihrer neuen Platte ROAD TO ROUEN sind die mittlerweile vier
Musiker aus diesen Schuhen endgültig herausgewachsen. ME-Autor Frank
Sawatzki hat sich mit der Band übers Reisen, Lernen und Erwachsenwerden
unterhalten und über Aufnahmen in einer Scheune in der Normandie.

# Seeed in Glastonbury
In Deutschland haben Seeed fast alles erreicht. Ende Juni stand nun die
erste große Bewährungsprobe im Ausland auf dem Plan: zwei Auftritte bei
Englands wichtigstem und größten Open-Air-Festival in Glastonbury. Es
war schon eine Sensation, daß eine im Ausland völlig unbekannte deutsche
Band überhaupt gebucht wurde für einen Auftritt auf diesem heiligen
Festivalboden. Daß Seeed dann gleich zweimal auf die Bühne durften, einmal
gar als Headliner, sprengte alle Erwartungen. Und steigerte die
Herausforderung ins Unermeßliche. Wie Seeed ein leeres, matschiges Feld in
eine tanzende, jubelnde Menschenmenge verwandelten und in zwei Nächten den
Grundstein legten für eine internationale Karriere – davon berichtet
ME-Redakteur Christoph Lindemann.

# Newcomer im Septemberheft des ME:
The Magic Numbers, Leela James, The Rakes, Black Mountain, Espers. Zu
hören gibt’s die Newcomer per Audiostream auf http://www.musikexpress.de.

# Weitere Features im neuen ME:
...über den steinigen Weg des Black Rebel Motorcycle Club... über Pop
und Poesie des Jens Friebe... über das Selbstbewußtsein von Kanye
West... über die Klangsprache von Goldfrapp... über die Style-Ikonen The
Bravery...

+ Ted Gaier über Pop und Nation
+ 11 Fakten über Public Enemy
+ 5 Fragen an Chris Cunningham
+ Das letzte Wort mit Rob B (Stereo MCs)

# Die Live-Reviews: Glastonbury, Common, M.I.A., Melt!, The La’s,
Gurten, Art Brut u.a.

# Die CD-Reviews:
Platte des Monats: Kaiser Chiefs – Employment
Weitere Besprechungen: Bloc Party, Goldfrapp, The Duke Spirit, The
Magic Numbers, The Rakes, Supergrass u.v.m.

# Backkatalog-Highlights von The Stooges, Can, Death Cab For Cutie, Bob
Dylan, The Kinks, Huah! u.a.

# Die neue CD im Musikexpress: „Sounds now!“
Das einzig Beständige ist der Wandel, und so muß auch die Kunst stets
nach neuen Wegen suchen, um die Wirklichkeit wahrhaftig abzubilden. Zehn
Tracks, die für unsere Zeit stehen. Mit The Dead 60s, Goldfrapp, Elbow,
Jens Friebe, Stars, The Decemberists u.a.

# Die DVD-Reviews:
DVD des Monats: The Boomtown Rats – Someone’s Looking At You
Weitere Besprechungen: Ray Charles, AC/DC, T.Rex, The Avengers

# Die ME-Verlosungen 09/2005:
Der Musikexpress verlost eine Hohner-Akustik-Gitarre zum Film „Almost
Heaven“, drei Queens-Of-The-Stone-Age-Pakete mit Singles, Pins und
Gürtelschnallen und drei Mia-rocks-Asia-Poster.

# musikexpress.de im August und September:
+ Kaizers Orchestra im Multimediaspecial. Mit Audio-Snippets vom Album
und „Maestro“-Video in voller Länge
+ Hard-Fi: Video + EPK
+ Good Charlotte: Neues Video + Single-Verlosung
+ The Magic Numbers: T-Shirt-Verlosung
+ Die Happy: Der neueste Clip der Ulmer + vier Hörproben vom kommenden
Album
+ Fettes Brot: Video “An Tagen wie diesen” + Making Of
+ Täglich aktuelle News
+ Gewinnspiele
..und vieles mehr

And don't forget to support the local German music scene
"My band name is now your coupon" - Joe
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

musikexpress.de # emperors Chiefs Auferstanden from ruins and equal further to the world domination? The way of "Rocky Raccoon" Covers in the primary school over a verpuffte Erstkarriere, the stamping as total-loose up to the ascent as fairest Hype of the new British wave was far for the emperors Chiefs. It is history volume named Parva, which went down with bass drums and trumpets, before only one plate had gone over the counter. It is the history of one club night named Pigs, with which the five volume members became the coolsten Lads in Leeds. And it is the history of the hits "Oh My God" and "I Predict A Riot". Now about 900,000 humans lucky owners of the emperor Chiefs debut are EMPLOYMENT. In order to find out, as that could pass everything, ME editor Josef Winkler met the Chiefs in Berlin - just at the 7.Juli, on the day, when in London the bombs exploded. # Green Day ten years after DOOKIE one did not have it actually really more on the note for the large skirt fame. But owing to the hit album AMERICAN IDIOT, political Lautsprecherei now and not least the most impudent, most gigantic skirt shows of the season are Green Day on the summit, with 40 million sold plates and concerts before 120.000 fans. After one year to the superlative Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt and Tré Cool one look with a stay in the Canadian province back and try to make itself a Reim on their second break-through. # Supergrass "Young, stupid, sexy" were Supergrass before ten years, when they were explained with their point-exact Punk Pop Singles as the newest Britpop Hype. With its new plate ROAD TONS of ROUEN grew out of those meanwhile four musicians from these shoes finally. ME author franc Sawatzki has itself with that volume over the travel, learning and to maintain and over photographs in a barn in normandy. # Seeed in Glastonbury in Germany reached Seeed of nearly everything. At the end of June stood now the first large acid test abroad on the plan: two appearances with England most important and largest Open-Air-festival in Glastonbury. It was already a sensation that abroad completely unknown German volume was at all booked for an appearance on this holy festival soil. The fact that Seeed were allowed then equal twice on the stage once as Headliner, blew up all expectations. And the challenge increased in the immeasurable. Like Seeed an empty, matschiges field into a dancing, jubilant crowd transformed and in two nights the foundation-stone put for an international career - of it ME editor Christoph lime tree man reports. # newcomer in the September booklet of the ME: The Magic Numbers, Leela James, The Rakes, Black Mountain, Espers. To hear gibt's the newcomers by Audiostream on http://www.musikexpress.de. # further features in the new ME: ... over the stony way of the Black Rebel Motorcycle club... over Pop and poetry of the Jens Friebe... over the self-confident its of Kanye west... over the sound language of Goldfrapp... over the Style icons The Bravery... + Ted Gaier over Pop and nation + 11 facts over Public Enemy + 5 questions at Chris Cunningham + the last word with Rob B (stereo MCs) # the live-reviews: Glastonbury, Common, M.I.A., Melt!, The La's, belts, kind brood among other things. # the CD Reviews: Plate of the monthly: Emperor Chiefs - Employment further discussions: Bloc party, Goldfrapp, The Duke Spirit, The Magic Numbers, The Rakes, Supergrass u.v.m. # baking catalog highlight of The Stooges, CAN, Death Cab For Cutie, Bob Dylan, The Kinks, Huah! among other things. # the new CD in the music express: "sounds now!" The only steady is the change, and so also the art must always look for new ways, in order to illustrate the reality truly. Ten TRACKS, which stand for our time. With The DEAD 60s, Goldfrapp, Elbow, Jens Friebe, star, The Decemberists among other things. # the DVD Reviews: DVD of the monthly: The Boomtown of advice - Someone's Looking RK You further discussions: Ray Charles, AC/DC, T.Rex, The Avengers # the ME drawing 09/2005: The music express draws a high he acoustic guitar by lots to the film "Almost Heaven", three Queens OF The Stone Age packages with Singles, pin and guertelschnallen and three Mia skirt Asia poster. # musikexpress.de in August and September: + Kaizers Orchestra in the Multimediaspecial. With audio Snippets of the album and "Maestro" video in full length + hard Fi: Video + EPK + Good Charlotte: New video + single drawing + The Magic Numbers: T-Shirt-drawing by lots + the Happy: The newest tie-clip of the Ulmer + four hearing samples of the coming album + fat bread: Video "on days like these" + Making OF + daily current news + profit plays..und much more
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

In sadder news, I guess the female lead singer of a German punk band was traveling with her bandmates in a limousine in Costa Mesa yesterday when she decided that it would be a great idea to jump out of the sunroof during rush hour traffic. None of the online news reports gave the name of the band, but I think they were relatively unknown here. Although drinking and partying proceeded the incident, authorities believe it was a suicide. :(

-Kevin
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

I am curious to know who that was.
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

Jake...the EX works for CalTrans...and that particular freeway is HIS freeway (not his his, but he tends it so he thinks it is)...He called me at work yesterday to talk about this...it was his first fatal in his career there and was a doozy. I will spare you all his comments here, if you are into blood and gore, PM me and I will give a verbatim play by play...

The chick that jumped was in a band...there has been some confusion as to which band...Kev's Rammstein has been mentioned in the OC Register and Les Hell on Heels in the news...also...two different chick's pictures have been attributed....It does appear that she had two small children..sad...

Some guy at another site said that when his dog gets to close to the window he grabs her by the tail and pulls her ass back in...I think that's an appropriate analogy, don't you? I mean...who could just SIT THERE and watch somebody jump out a car window?
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
gidgetgoestohell

Gooch is feeling unda da weada so

I will borrow her Information Bitch Badge and allow you, the readers, to decide....

A 25-year-old punk rock singer apparently jumped from a limousine into predawn traffic on the San Diego Freeway in Costa Mesa on Wednesday, and was killed when struck by at least a dozen cars, authorities said.

The 5 a.m. incident triggered a huge rush-hour traffic jam.

ADVERTISEMENT

"It's been a nightmare," said CHP Officer Denise Quesada at midmorning.

"It's horrible out there. This is probably one of the worst backups I've seen," she said.

The incident near South Coast Plaza closed the southbound lanes, clogging surrounding streets as commuters searched for alternate routes. By 10 a.m. traffic was backed up from the Los Angeles County line to the Fairview Road offramp, about 20 miles away, authorities said. The lanes were reopened about 11 a.m.

What prompted Jessica Rowe, an Irvine mother of two, to jump from the Hummer limousine and how it happened is a mystery, officials said.

Rowe was with other band members and friends in the nearly 17-foot-long, 20-passenger limousine. The driver told police that the vehicle was traveling about 65 mph, said Sgt. Marty Carver, a spokesman for the Costa Mesa Police Department.

Tuesday night, the group of six was socializing at the Standard Hotel in downtown Los Angeles, said Tommy Wetzel, 41, owner of Exotic Limousines Inc. in Newport Beach.

Wetzel said his driver told him that Rowe and her boyfriend had argued at the Standard. "They were having words throughout the night," Wetzel said.

Later, the driver took the group to a Costa Mesa home where they continued to party, police said. After a few hours, the group left for Rowe's home. Rowe jumped from the limousine on the way there, Wetzel said the driver told him.

"We've seen a lot of drunk people. We've seen a lot of people trying to get out as we pull up to a stop, but nothing" like this, he said.

Rowe sat in the open window of the black limo before jumping, passengers told police. She was struck by at least 12 cars and died at the scene, officials said. Her death is being investigated as a suicide, Carver said.

Police shut down the southbound lanes about 6 a.m. as they investigated the scene and the coroner's office collected remains. Two lanes reopened an hour and a half later, but the commute had reached gridlock.

The stretch of freeway where the incident occurred is near the interchange of the San Diego and Costa Mesa freeways, one of the 10 busiest in the nation. Motorists make about 311,000 trips daily in each direction of the San Diego Freeway at Fairview. During rush hour, about 24,000 trips are made an hour, Caltrans officials said.

Wednesday morning, many drivers detoured off the freeway and used the Garden Grove Freeway, Pacific Coast Highway, the Santa Ana Freeway or surface streets.

But most found that it wasn't any better. Because of construction on the Garden Grove Freeway, the congestion "was already heavy and it became heavier," Quesada said.

Fountain Valley, with three offramps from the south San Diego Freeway, experienced some of the heaviest traffic. Drivers inched along major thoroughfares such as Brookhurst Street and Magnolia Street. The congestion contributed to five fender benders, police said.

"This has not only affected the freeway, but all of the cities that the 405 traveled through," Quesada said.

Jason Cloud, 35, of Huntington Beach avoided the freeway after hearing about the congestion on the radio during his drive to work at the Laguna Beach Brewing Co. He took Pacific Coast Highway, but it also was packed.

"I was hoping this would be better," said Cloud, a waiter, as he watched motorists turn onto Pacific Coast Highway from Brookhurst. "But it looks like a nightmare. It looks like I'm going to be late for work."

Santa Ana resident Paulette Nghiem said her drive to work is typically a 30-minute commute to a Costa Mesa gas station. But Wednesday, it took an hour.

"It was just jammed," said Nghiem, 54. "My car was going slow, slow, slow."

LA TIMES
Gidge

gidgetgoestohell

COSTA MESA – She was only 10 minutes from being dropped off at home after more than eight hours partying from Laguna Beach to Hollywood, the limo driver said.

That's when driver Brandon Bonda heard the banging and screaming: "Stop, stop, stop!"

Bonda rolled down the partition.

"Somebody just jumped out the window!" the occupants screamed.

Bonda pulled over the stretch Hummer limousine on the San Diego (405) freeway near Bristol Street. The 25-year-old woman had jumped out a window into southbound traffic.

She was identified as Jessica Rowe of Irvine. Police are investigating the death but are calling it an apparent suicide.

"If she would've waited, she would have gotten home," Bonda, 26, said. "I couldn't believe it."

Rowe's death and the subsequent investigation caused a massive backup on the freeway and clogged nearby local streets throughout the Wednesday morning rush hour, the CHP reported.

Bonda was driving about 75 mph in the southbound carpool lane just north of Fairview Road when Rowe apparently rolled down the left-side passenger window in the rear of the limousine and jumped, police said.

She was with five companions who told police they had been drinking, Costa Mesa police Sgt. Marty Carver said.

Several cars struck Rowe after she jumped, stretching the accident scene a mile and a half down the freeway, Carver said. She was not carrying identification, but the coroner was able to identify her using her fingerprints.

An autopsy was conducted Wednesday, but the cause of death still is pending, Orange County deputy coroner Kelly Crawford said.

The night began about 5 p.m. Tuesday when Bonda picked up the woman's boyfriend, who identified himself as Bozzi, from his Irvine apartment and took him to the Block at Orange, where he bought clothes at Hot Topic.

They picked up Rowe at the apartment about 8 or 9 p.m. She was wearing a short, black dress and heels, and told the driver that they both were members of the German rock band Rammstein. Their connection to the band could not be verified.

Tom Wetzel, owner of Exotic Limousine Inc. in Newport Beach, said a man who gave an Irvine address rented the Hummer about 5 p.m. Tuesday and booked it until 1 a.m. Wednesday but later extended the reservation, running up a bill of about $3,000, including tips.

First, the pair headed to a bar in Laguna Beach, then they asked Bonda to take them to a spot in Los Angeles. Bonda said Rowe drank a bottle of Moet White Star champagne that the limo company provided before they arrived at The Standard hotel on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood.

Rowe's boyfriend suggested she stay in the limousine and went into the hotel alone, Bonda said. During the hour they were parked nearby, Rowe listened to Rammstein music and danced on the sidewalk, at one point trying to dance with a homeless man, Bonda said.

The boyfriend returned to the limo with four other people, and Bonda took them to a nearby apartment, where Rowe and the others went inside and stayed for about an hour and a half.

They left about 3:30 a.m. with the same four - three men and a woman. Bozzi told Bonda they planned to drop off Rowe in Irvine and return to Los Angeles.

He said Rowe was crying and the couple appeared to be arguing.

The limo was about six miles from their Jeffrey Road exit in Irvine when Rowe jumped.

"It was the worst - the craziest thing you'll ever see," said Wetzel, the limo-company owner who rushed to the scene. "We talk about this all the time with our drivers - people partying and getting crazy in the back, but in my 15 years in this business, I've never heard of anything like this."

Carver said the incident was investigated as a suspicious death but after all witnesses had been questioned it was ruled an apparent suicide.

The coroner will determine the official cause of death.

OC REGISTER
Gidge

Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Local bands in Germany can submit music to Herr Schaufel

gidgetgoestohell

Another added little bonuses....I used to skate with the limo owner when I was a kid...had a bit of a crush on Tommy too as I remember...
Gidge

obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

that's pretty sad
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
gidgetgoestohell

Jake is on the front page of yesterday morning's Orange County Register...
Gidge

Gooch

Post by Gooch »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:Jake is on the front page of yesterday morning's Orange County Register...
You have copies for your scrapbook, right?
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
gidgetgoestohell

Naaaa...I see him enough in person...I don't need any additional "remeberences"....LOL
Gidge

MicheBel

Herr Shovel

Post by MicheBel »

Glenn wrote:Local bands in Germany can submit music to Herr Schaufel

What a cute take on Mr. Shovel's name. But I'll bet he doesn't have even ONE pair of lederhosen. :lol:

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!