Hey Glenn?

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

a KROQ spy!

Hey Glenn?

Post by a KROQ spy! »

Hey Glenn, Do you remember the name of the woman who performed, I think, in the mid to late eighties as a punk performance artist; usually her 'shows' would consist of running around naked and ranting? Some journalist called her 'the female gg allin'?
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

that's not much to go on. anything else.
"My band name is now your coupon" - Joe
a KROQ spy!

Post by a KROQ spy! »

Hmmm..let me think..
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Was she American??

A band or solo artist??
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

Closets I could come up with was Wendy O. Williams...but she was no GG Allin....at all....RIP.....both of them....
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Nothing is really coming to mind...

Another I'm trying to think of was a female singer (late 70's). She had just 1 7" replease with a piano playing through punk songs/guitars etc. I cant remember her name but she was one of the more obscure original punks. About the times of the pistols damned etc. Blond hair. Very pretty face and Psitols type image.
gidgetgoestohell

Laurie....ummm....she did Superman....aaaa aaaa aaaa aaaa.....
Gidge

July Cleaver

Post by July Cleaver »

Laurie Anderson? I don't remember her being nekked tho...

here she is now...

a KROQ spy!

Post by a KROQ spy! »

Hrm..not Wendy O, not Lydia Lunch (I don't think she ever got naked..) I think she was American.. I bought a picture of her from a photographer for Flipside; if I can find it I'll post it. She had shoulder length brown hair, and was smeared with something..ack!!
July Cleaver

Post by July Cleaver »

googled "female GG Allin" and got this...

Texas Terri and the Stiff Ones

Eat Shit!

Burning Tree

Ahhh, I open the package and there's a promotional photograph of the band... a bunch of leather-clad toughs who look like they live for rock and roll. What's this in between them? A naked woman?! Catchy, that... Oh, that's Terri, the frontwoman. Very cool. (It helps that she's "hot," too.)

At first glance or word-of-mouth I'd expect this record to attempt aping the Mentors, what with the nudity and that additional photo of Terri (nude) covered with what look like powdered-sugar doughnuts gracing the CD. But before listening to it, I read the promo material, and besides being into rock and roll, apparently Terri does the nails of the rich and famous as well as performing nude, sort of a female G.G. Allin thing without the excrement.

I had to hear it! So, on it went... Not what I expected. Sure there's some slutrock, but the majority of the album is ass-kicking New York Dolls' style punk rock! I mean this is raw punk, REALLY raw, with high-fives to Iggy Pop and the Dictators (they cover "Baby Let's Twist"). I was thoroughly into their energetic trash punk songs like "Cave Women" ("I'm a Cave women/ my soul is raw/ just like the meat I eat... "), Sad Life ("My mom killed and cooked the family cat... "), and "Oh Yeah!" which is a punk rock love anthem. This cranks, man. Apparently they tour (I just missed them) with a sort of tatooedtrashbondagefest Halloween show. Burning Tree Records, 10938 Magnolia, #227, North Hollywood, CA 91601

--David Lee Beowulf
gidgetgoestohell

Ahhhh yes....Texas Terry....Never got into her stuff.....

July...you unstumped the Spy!!!! CUDOS!!!
Gidge

Glenn

Re: Hey Glenn?

Post by Glenn »

a KROQ spy! wrote:Hey Glenn, Do you remember the name of the woman who performed, I think, in the mid to late eighties as a punk performance artist; usually her 'shows' would consist of running around naked and ranting? Some journalist called her 'the female gg allin'?
ummm...tought one...Could it be someone like...Texas Terrie. I beleive she has been referred as soomething like female gg allen.
'
a KROQ spy!

Post by a KROQ spy! »

Lisa 'Suckdog' Carver! Thanks everyone!

http://www.citizinemag.com/music/music- ... renice.htm
MicheBel

suck dog

Post by MicheBel »

Spy, why are you not at the Dolls reunion like everyone else in town?

And Lisa Suckdog Carver? You expect us to remember that? I've never even heard of her...

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:Closets I could come up with was Wendy O. Williams...but she was no GG Allin....at all....RIP.....both of them....
That was my guess too, Gidge. Great minds, eh?

-Kevin
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*