New Pearl Jam single -World Wide Suicide-

Anything music or band related.

Moderator: Admin

obiwankobe

New Pearl Jam single -World Wide Suicide-

Post by obiwankobe »

-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

Thanks Tom!!!
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

I don't agree with Eddie's politics...but he IS a sexy mo-fo....
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Eddie is one of the most annoying and boring front men ever.
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas
gidgetgoestohell

He might just be Annie...but...he has a nice tush.....
Gidge

Gooch

Post by Gooch »

He scares me...he has that weird eye thing going in one of the videos....cucuy I tell you...cucuy...
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
gidgetgoestohell

But I am a yarrrrronia....;D
Gidge

obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

In the world of Major Label music, money and profits, it seems hard to decipher why a big band like Pearl Jam (or their label J Records) would literally give away their first single from their new albums to their fans. Not only are they giving it away (free download via
Ten Club), but they're putting zero digital rights management coding on the MP3. Simply put, that means you can give it to anyone you want without fear of 'illegal distribution'.

You can answer that 'why?' question like this. Pearl Jam might not be 'indie', but they certainly do run things like the biggest indie band around. They do what they do for two big reasons; #1 for the love of music, and #2 for the love of their fans. No band treats their fans better than Pearl Jam. They were the pioneers in releasing fully mixe4d and sound board quality bootlegs for fans (roughly 200 shows released to date - other historic shows are in the works), they offer the lowest possible ticket price for concerts (they took ticketbastard to the Supreme Court in 1994), they send a vinyl 45 single to their fanclub each holiday season and they decided to give away their first single on their upcoming self titled and 8th studio record.

While commercially their sales have decreased with each album, their loyal fanbase seems to be stronger than ever. It's been three plus years since Riot Act and the anticipation for new music among fans is insane. Rumors and interviews tell us that Eddie Vedder and company have gone back to a sound reminiscent of their early work. Their first single, World Wide Suicide is proof of that. The music is heavey, the lyrics are political and Eddie is growling again. If you like rock to rock, check this out. I hope to hear more from this album soon!
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley