Indie's Remixing?

Talk about the Indie 103.1 shows.

Moderator: Admin

MicheBel

Indie's Remixing?

Post by MicheBel »

So, am I crazy, or does Indie remix some of the songs? Cause I swear I heard a slightly different (or differently mixed anyway) version of Riot Radio this morning on KCRW. And man, I like Indie's so much better! Different instruments were highlighted, it just sounded lighter and more addictive on Indie.

Anyone else notice this?

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

I'm sorry, but I'm loyal to Indie.
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Maybe it was a demo version. I know there's a demo version of The Killers' Mr. Brightside that occassionaly makes its way into the Indie playlist (the album version is LOADS better). I think the Blood Arm single they play is actually the demo version, probably cause Shovel got an early release of it to play on Check One...Two originally. Don't know if there's an album version of the song, yet, but the demo version rocks me socks. 8)

-Kevin
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

God, that reminds me. Since when is Indie playing The Killers' Indie R&R? I first heard that song when I saw them live last year and I swear I wanted to start a boo fest. I hope Indie doesn't play it anymore.
-Julian Casablancas
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

lol Aww, you don't like it? It's probably one of my two favorites by them. That and The Ballad of Michael Valentine are superb and neither made the album cut. I actually haven't heard it played anywhere yet, except via webcam from an unmnentioned radio station's holiday music fest (yeah, figure that one out!). Don't you think the song title is at least appropriate for our beloved station? hehe :)

-Kevin
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Too appropriate, they killed it (no pun intended, but so convinient). I like The Killers and I was way into them when they first came out, before they got so major, but something about them always tastes artificial. The melody is like something the Barney composers could have written and it's just begging to be catchy and liked by all.

I know what station you are refering too, I was there right at the front. That was a great lineup...
-Julian Casablancas